Toy Fox Terrier Information
TheDogPlace.org Breeder Interviews OnlineŠ
With Kelley Maldon
Note* Format based on ShowSight Seminars developed by columnist Barbara J. Andrews. Top breed authorities are asked the same questions, in the same order providing a broad range of experience.
1. What is the single Biggest misconception about your breed?
KM: That the the TFT is a cross between many breeds, one of them being the Chihuahua. The original TFT was bred down directly from the Smooth Fox Terrier.
2. What is the most defining physical characteristic?
KM: Head and expression.
3. Which behavioral characteristic most typifies the breed?
KM: Possessive nature.
4. What is the most common judging mistake in your breed?
KM: Not judging the complete package.
5. Would you prefer the breed be judged standing or moving?
6. Is there a breed related cosmetic alteration judges should be aware of?
KM: Covering premature grey.
7. Which fault is of greatest concern to breeders today?
KM: Bad topline and tail set.
8. Is there any one thing you would like to see changed in the breed standard?
9. Name one way in which the breed has most improved in the last 10 years.
KM: Better bone, more substance.
10. What are the three words that best describe your breed?
KM: Active, alert, and affectionate.
Thank you, Kelley Maldon
TheDogPlace.org for authoritative free DogCare information
If you breed or show dogs, get your news at TheDogPress.com
TheJudgesPlace.com especially for Judges, professional and owner handlers.